Saturday 7 January 2017

Brú na Bóinne - Archaeological Ensemble of the Bend of the Boyne,Ireland.

This prehistoric site of Brú na Bóinne is dominated by the three great burial mounds of Newgrange,Knowth and Dowthby situated on the north bank of the River Boyne 50 km north of Dublin.Surrounded by about forty satellite passage graves, they constitute a funerary landscape recognised as having great ritual significance, subsequently attracting later monuments of the Iron Age, early Christian and medieval periods.
This is Europe's largest and most important concentration of prehistoric megalithic art.
Date of Inscription: 1993
Ref;659










Above cards were sent by Nora and there is a interesting story.Long back I received a request from her to Register her ID number for a card sent but not received by me.And that she would re-send a card.I registered her ID and wrote back that she need not send any card as many a time cards get lost in transit.Surprise! Surprise!.Yesterday I found in my mailbox a fat registered envelope enclosing 2 UNESCO site cards of the above site along with colourful brochures and hand outs.She must have seen my wish for UNESCO cards in my profile.My heartfelt thanks to this wonderful person.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely exceptional. Even though variety of article on this topic, this article carries many treasured points which had been never be read in other articles.
    mandvi postal code

    ReplyDelete