Tuesday 10 October 2017

Postcard from Germany.



Walther Rathenau (29 September 1867 – 24 June 1922) was a German statesman who served as Foreign Minister during the Weimar Republic.
He summed up his feelings about growing up in Germany
"I am a German of Jewish origin. My people are the German people, my home is German land, my belief is German belief, which stands above all denominations".
On 24 June 1922, two months after the signing of the Treaty of Rapallo (which renounced German territorial claims from World War I), Rathenau was assassinated.This came as a terrible shock to his friend Einstein
Source:WIKI.
Thank you Erhard for this "From Great Time" card and Walther Rathenau stamp with special cancellation. .
2017 Stamp- The 150th Anniversary of the Birth of Walther Rathenau, 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment