- Nice and interesting card sent by Katerina from Korolyov ,Russia.It was known as Kaliningrad since 1938 and served as the leading Soviet center for production of anti-tank and air-defense guns. In 1946, in the aftermath of World War II, the artillery plant was reconstructed for production of rockets, launch vehicles, and spacecraft, under the guidance of Russian scientist and academician Sergei Korolev, who envisioned, consolidated and guided the activities of many people in the Soviet space-exploration program. The plant which later became known as the RKK Energia, when the Vostok space vehicle. was being developed this research center designated as NII-88 or POB 989. Russian Mission Control Center is also located in Korolyov. Though the real control is decentralized due to security reasons, and all space aircraft may be controlled from many different locations across Russia, the historic center of control is still in Korolev, and is called FCC - Flights Control Center.
- Thank you Katerina for sending following information about the card in reply to my query-
- Postcard depicts a samovar. One of the most striking and significant features of the Russian traditional life has long been considered a tea party at the samovar. In our time to treat yourself to some tea from a samovar is also possible. They are sold in antique shops and in a special samovar stores. Samovar can create a wonderfully warm and cozy atmosphere in the house, add a unique flavor of family and friendly gatherings, to recall long-forgotten, but such good Russian tradition.
- Thank you for the beautiful stamps also.
- 2016 GLONASS - Russian Global Navigation Satellite System
2015 FIFA Football World Cup 2018 - Russia